He founded the company in 1994.
Dr. Gooding specializes in strategic planning and has over 25 years of experience helping executives make better business decisions. He has guided many top-management teams in developing and implementing strategic plans that achieve superior performance.
As a consultant, Dr. Gooding
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning sessions that build team commitment to strategy implementation.
- Helps companies design, evaluate, and implement new growth strategies that provide long-term competitive advantage.
- Conducts industry, competitor, and customer research studies to support informed strategic decision making.
- Conducts comprehensive pricing studies to determine optimal pricing strategies for unique company needs.
- Evaluates internal operations and helps companies develop outstanding core competencies
- Works with executive teams to build trust, commitment and accountability to achieving bottom line results.
Dr. Gooding is a widely recognized expert in strategic planning, organizational design, pricing strategy, managerial decision-making, executive development and team building. He is a skilled researcher with extensive experience using mass-distributed and targeted surveys, structured interviews, and focus groups. His distinctive scientific approach to mailed surveys consistently achieves a 30-to-50-percent response rate. He has designed and conducted Customer and Employee Satisfaction Surveys for many of his clients.
Before founding Strategic Advantage, Dr. Gooding was a professor of management at Arizona State University, where he taught courses in strategic planning and managerial decision-making. While at ASU he conducted research studies examining corporate and business strategies in a wide range of industries. His strategic-planning doctorate is from Michigan State University, and he also holds a master's degree in social work (with studies in social service planning and administration) from Western Michigan University.
As vice president of global strategic planning for Avnet-a Fortune 500 company-Dr. Gooding designed and implemented a global planning process that helped turn Avnet into one of the world's leading distributors of electronic components.